Do you have the ambition to bring a new product to market? Are you looking for a fast-paced environment to sharpen your technical skills in optics, engineering, and software development?
We are looking for a talented scientist to lead the development of next-generation nanoparticle characterization devices. We have successfully translated research done in the lab to a bench-top product. You will work on the development of new features, including the design of novel microscopy tools and electronics.
About the company
Founded in 2019, Dispertech is a young and dynamic company. The nanoCET is the first commercially available device that uses hollow optical fibers to detect particles as small as 10nm. Our devices are used to characterize extracellular vesicles as well as other nanoparticles.
Our new technology opens many exciting possibilities for new uses of EV’s both as diagnostic agents and as drug delivery systems. Other challenging opportunities stem from the fields of virology, nano-catalysis, and protein conformation.
About the position
Initially, you will perform experiments on existing devices. You will test samples with customers and develop protocols for the measurements. Later, you will focus on the implementation of new detection techniques, such as fluorescence and electro-kinetic tracking. Since we are a small company, there are many possibilities for exploring new ideas and develop skills, both technical and soft. The job is challenging andvery rewarding. The position can grow as the company evolves and reaches new levels of maturity.
The ideal candidate will have several of the skills below
- MSc/PhD in Physics/Chemistry/Biology with experience in microscopy and optics
- Tinkerer able to come up with innovative solutions
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python or Matlab
- Basic training to safely work in a chemistry lab (handling of liquid samples, preparing solutions, etc.)
- Curiosity about electronics such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Desire to develop skills beyond their current skillset and comfort zone
- An opportunity to make an impact on an expanding research field with many future applications
- Access to rapid product development practices
- Being part of a dynamic, international company with highly skilled colleagues
- Autonomy, ownership, and responsibility
- Competitive salary
If you are interested or want to learn more, contact Aquiles Carattino: email@example.com
Please enclose your CV and a cover letter stating your motivation for applying.